Citi® Diamond Preferred®
- 0% intro APR on balance transfers and purchases for 21 months
- Excellent choice for financing large purchase or refinancing current debt
- Longest intro period of all Balance Transfer Cards
- $0 Annual fee
- View Terms
Why We Like It
The ultra-long 21-month 0% period is hands down the best feature of the Citi® Diamond Preferred® card.
You’ll pay 0% APR for 21-months on purchases and balance transfers - which is nearly two years of interest free payments!
Citi offers the longest introductory 0% APR period currently available across all card brands. Perfect if you’re planning to spread out payments on a large purchase or want to refinance some of your existing debt.
Another over-overlooked, but amazing perk? The ability to choose your payment due date. This feature gives you the option to align your payment due date with when you receive your paycheck (or other income).
0% intro APR on balance transfers and purchases for 21 months
We recommend you have Good to Excellent (690 - 850) credit before applying for this card.
This is an excellent option for those wanting to finance a large upcoming purchase or pay down current debts at 0% interest.
A huge bonus: you can transfer any sort of debt to this card, as long as its not from Citibank. This includes credit card debt and non-credit card debt such as a car loan or personal loan. You'll have almost two years to make progress paying down your debt!
Because it has a balance transfer fee of $5 or 3%, whichever is greater, you may want to consider other Balance Transfer Cards for transferring high amounts of debt.
Additional benefits include:
- Citi Concierge: get VIP Treatment with a staff of specially-trained experts who are ready 24/7 to assist you with your travel, shopping, dining, entertainment and everyday needs
- Citi® Private Pass® - Citi customers enjoy special access to purchase tickets to thousands of events annually, including presale tickets and VIP packages to concerts, sporting events, dining experiences, plus complimentary movie screenings and more
- Damage & Theft Purchase Protection: may cover you for repairs or a refund if purchases made with your Citi card are damaged or stolen within 120 days of purchase (90 days for New York residents)
- Trip Cancellation & Interruption Protection. If certain unforeseen events get in the way of your trip, you may be reimbursed for non–refundable trip expenses, like change fees
- Free Monthly FICO Score: Updated based on data from Experian. See how your payment schedule affects your credit score and work to increase it
- Citi Price Rewind: searches for a lower price on the registered items you pay for with your Citi card at hundreds of online merchants. If the same item is found at a lower price within 60 days of your initial purchase date, you may receive the difference between the price you paid and the lower price found by Citi Price Rewind.
- Citi® Identity Theft Solutions: helps resolve the matter and get your life back on track
- Worldwide Car Rental Insurance: you may be covered against theft or damage to a rental car
- 24/7 Travel & Emergency Assistance
- Extended Warranty on purchases made with the card
- Choose your Payment Due Date: Choose to pay your bill on any available due date in the beginning, middle or end of the month
- Integration with Apple Pay®
- 24/7 Customer Support: just call and say "representative"
|Purchase Intro APR||0% for 21 months on purchases and balance transfers|
|Purchase APR||12.24% - 22.24%* variable APR based on on creditworthiness|
|Rewards Rate||None - not recommended for optimizing rewards and points but great for balance transfers|
|Foreign Transaction Fee||3%|
|Credit Needed||Good, Excellent|
Thoughts from Actual Users
"I opened my account almost 1 yr ago with a $2000 credit limit. My Fico was 650 and I have a bankrupcy that is 8 yrs old. I transfed several balances to this card an just paid it off this week. After paying it off I asked for a credit line increase and was granted a $3000 CLI to bring my total CL to 5k. Now my Fico is 706." Ella B. of Erie, PA
"The 21 months 0% APR is what sold me on this card and after a 3 minute application process was approved with a 5.5k credit limit with a average credit score. I will be using that 0% APR to pay off other high APR credit cards." Henry J. of Topeka, KS
"I took the time to read the reviews and I'm glad I did. I took a chance today and applied for the card and was approved for $10,700. I can't wait to get my card. :)" Kyle W. of Boston, MA