Citi® Double Cash Card
- Cash back 2X! 1% when you make a purchase and an additional 1% when you pay it off
- 18 Month 0% Intro APR on balance transfers
- Unlimited cash back rewards in all categories
- $0 Annual fee
- View Terms
Why We Like It
If you want a great Cash Back Card with unlimited rewards on an ongoing basis, pay close attention.
With Citi® Double Cash Card, you could earn 2% Cash Back on every single purchase! Earn Cash Back Twice with 1% on purchases and 1% as you pay for those purchases in full or over time, or 2% Effective Cash Back.
*Effective 2% means: if you redeem for a statement credit, it reduces the amount of time you have to pay for purchases by 1%, making your overall cash back percentage 1.99% instead of 2%.
You'll earn cash back in all categories. Without the need to spend in a particular category or register quarterly to receive rewards, it’s simple to use and offers the highest flat rate reward around with no caps or restrictions so there’s no limit to the rewards you can earn.
It also carries a generous 0% intro APR on balance transfers for 18-months, meaning you’ll pay 0% for 18 months on all balance transfers completed within 4 months of account opening.
Earn up to 2% Cash Back on all purchases
Long 18 Month 0% introductory APR on Balance Transfers made within first 4 months
We recommend you have Good to Excellent (690 - 850) credit before applying for this card.
Balance Transfers do not earn cash back. If you transfer a balance, interest will be charged on your purchases unless you pay your entire balance (including balance transfers) by the due date each month.
There is a balance transfer fee of either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
Additional benefits include:
- Late fee pass: on your first missed payment, pay no late fee
- Citi® Private Pass® - Citi customers enjoy special access to purchase tickets to thousands of events annually, including presale tickets and VIP packages to concerts, sporting events, dining experiences, plus complimentary movie screenings and more
- Damage & Theft Purchase Protection: may cover you for repairs or a refund if purchases made with your Citi card are damaged or stolen within 120 days of purchase (90 days for New York residents)
- Trip Cancellation & Interruption Protection. If certain unforeseen events get in the way of your trip, you may be reimbursed for non–refundable trip expenses, like change fees
- Free Monthly FICO Score: Updated based on data from Experian. See how your payment schedule affects your credit score and work to increase it
- Citi Price Rewind: searches for a lower price on the registered items you pay for with your Citi card at hundreds of online merchants. If the same item is found at a lower price within 60 days of your initial purchase date, you may receive the difference between the price you paid and the lower price found by Citi Price Rewind.
- Citi® Identity Theft Solutions: helps resolve the matter and get your life back on track
- Worldwide Car Rental Insurance: you may be covered against theft or damage to a rental car
- 24/7 Travel & Emergency Assistance
- Extended Warranty on purchases made with the card
- Choose your Payment Due Date: choose to pay your bill on any available due date in the beginning, middle or end of the month
- Integration with Apple Pay®
- 24/7 Customer Support: just call and say "representative"
|Intro Purchase APR||N/A|
|Foreign Transaction Fee||3%|
|Rewards Rate||Earn 1% cash back on purchases, then an additional 1% back when you pay them off|
|Rewards Rate Details||No caps or limits. Redeem cash rewards for a check, statement credit or gift card ($25 minimum redemption amount)|
|Credit Needed||Good, Excellent|
Thoughts from Actual Users
"The Citi Double Cash card is a great reward card. It's tough to beat 2% cash back on every purchase. The customer service has been great every time I've contacted them. I'd say the only downside is that you have to build up $25 in rewards before you can redeem the, though it shouldn't take too long if you use the card for most of your transactions. I would highly recommend." - Al S. of Jackson, WY
"I love this card. 2% cash back on everything. No annual fee and a good APR. This is as good as it gets. The 2% builds up fast. I like cash. I also like the colors. Go Seahawks!!" - Carlton R. of Seattle, WA
"I received an initial $8K limit which is perfect for me and with the intro 0% for over a year, it allows me to put EVERYTHING on this card and I plan to pay it off every quarter when I receive my bonuses and such and then see my double points. I was using another cc with points and received a great intro of 5x the points for specific purchases + 1.5 year intro 0% and I earned about $220 in gift cards, so not bad. But would rather have cash back! It doesn't bother me to wait for my additional 1% during the intro period and I never carry a balance on credit cards outside of intro offers anyways. I am a Realtor and for personal and business expenses being mixed up, this is a great personal choice! VERY HAPPY! " -Brianne H. of Minneapolis, MN