- 40,000 Bonus Points (valued at $532 toward travel) when you spend $4,000 in first 3 months
- $250 Annual Air Travel Credit
- 3X Points on travel & hotels
- 2X Points on dining & entertainment
- 1X Points on everything else
- $100 reimbursement for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®
- Complimentary 4th night when booking hotel through Citi
- View Terms
Why We Like It
The Citi Prestige® is a premium credit card made for frequent travelers.
Limited Time Bonus: you'll earn 40,000 Citi ThankYou® Points when you sign up now and spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months of account opening.
50,000 points can be redeemed for $532 in flights through CIti's online portal, or $400 in gift cards to specific stores.
Earn 3X Points per dollar on travel and hotels, 2X Points per dollar on dining and entertainment, plus 1X Point per dollar on everything else.
Plus, get a $100 reimbursement when you apply for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®
40,000 points ($532 value) after making $4,000 in purchases within first 3 months of account opening
We recommend you have Excellent (750 or higher) credit before applying for this card.
The $250 Annual Travel Reimbursement can used for hotels, airlines, tolls and highways, buses, taxis, trains, baggage fees, seat upgrades and more.
ThankYou Points are worth 1.33 cents when redeemed for flights, 1 cent for gift cards, and varying amounts for other forms of redemptions.
You'll receive a complimentary fourth night with no black–out dates, when you book a minimum 4 consecutive nights at any hotel booked by Citi Prestige® Concierge and fully paid with your Prestige card. For reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, the benefit will be calculated as the average nightly rate of your total stay, not including taxes.
Bonus ThankYou Points not available if you have had a ThankYou Preferred, ThankYou Premier or Citi Prestige card opened or closed in the past 24 months.
Though it has a $450 Annual fee, if you take advantage of the 40K point sign-up promotion ($532 value), $250 Travel Reimbursement (every year), and travel often, it could make up for the high fee.
- ThankYou Points Program transfer partners: 1:1.5 point transfers for Hilton; 1:1 point transfers between top travel programs like Singapore Airlines, Qantas, Qatar, AirFrance, Etihad; 1:2 point transfers for JetBlue
- Citi Concierge: get VIP Treatment with a staff of specially-trained experts who are ready 24/7 to assist you with your travel, shopping, dining, entertainment and everyday needs
- Citi® Private Pass® - Citi customers enjoy special access to purchase tickets to thousands of events annually, including presale tickets and VIP packages to concerts, sporting events, dining experiences, plus complimentary movie screenings and more
- Damage & Theft Purchase Protection: may cover you for repairs or a refund if purchases made with your Citi card are damaged or stolen within 120 days of purchase (90 days for New York residents)
- Trip Cancellation & Interruption Protection
- Free Monthly FICO® Score: Updated based on data from Experian
- Citi Price Rewind: searches for a lower price on the registered items you pay for with your Citi card at hundreds of online merchants. If the same item is found at a lower price within 60 days of your initial purchase date, you may receive the difference between the price you paid and the lower price found by Citi Price Rewind
- Citi® Identity Theft Solutions
- Worldwide Car Rental Insurance
- 24/7 Travel & Emergency Assistance
- Extended Warranty on purchases made with the card
- Choose your Payment Due Date: Choose to pay your bill on any available due date in the beginning, middle or end of the month
- Integration with Apple Pay®
- 24/7 Customer Support: just call and say "representative"
|Foreign Transaction Fee||$0|
|Rewards Rate||Up to 3X ThankYou® Points per dollar|
|Rewards Rate Details||ThankYou® Points can be redeemed for cash, gift cards, travel; you'll get most value redeeming for travel|
Thoughts from Actual Users
"I have many travel cards, but few can provide the benefits to outweigh the hefty annual fee. We have used the 4th night free several times with no hiccups. Works great and we still received hotel loyalty points. The $250 airline credit is great to use for plane tickets that we would have bought anyways." Bianca B. of Princeton, NJ
"Amazing for Travel and Rewards. Thankyou points are awesome now, and the $250 airfare credit is a great benefit." Tuka N. of Hermosa Beach, CA
"3x points on flights and hotels helps collect points quickly. Offers 2x points on entertainment unlike any other card. Get access to over 900 lounges and can bring in up to 2 guests for free. 4th night access is what makes this card outstanding, every 4th night at any hotel is free, which could save you thousands of dollars every year. Plus, great customer service so far!" - Ben N. of Chicago, IL