Citi Simplicity® Card
- 0% Intro APR on Balance Transfers and Purchases for first 21 months
- No penalty rate, no late fees!
- Longest intro period of all Balance Transfer Cards
- $0 Annual fee
- View Terms
Why We Like It
The Citi Simplicity® Card is one of our top rated Balance Transfer cards. It has an insanely long 0% intro APR period at 21 months, the longest time period compared to competitors, for purchases and balance transfers.
A huge bonus: you can transfer any sort of debt to this card, as long as its not from Citibank. This includes credit card debt and non-credit card debt such as a car loan or personal loan. You'll have almost two years to make progress paying down your debt!
The flexibility is amazing! But because it has a balance transfer fee, we'd recommend you look at other Balance Transfer Cards for transferring high amounts of debt.
If you have a relatively low debt balance but your interest charges continue to grow, this card could help you pay off your your debt faster!
It's the only card with "No Late Fees, No Penalty Rate and No Annual Fee - Ever." That means if you miss a payment or two you won't have a penalty APR increase or have to pay a late payment fee. However use this as a safety net because eventually late payments will be reported to the credit bureaus and you'll be charged interest on the balance if you don't pay within the grace period.
Get an introductory APR rate of 0% for 21 months for BOTH purchases and balance transfers from the date of account opening
We recommend you have Good to Excellent (690 - 850) credit before applying for this card.
Balance transfers must be completed within 4 months of account opening.
Note there is balance transfer fee of $5 or 3%, whichever is greater, of the amount of each transfer, so if you're transferring $1,000 in debt from another high interest credit card to the Citi Simplicity®, you'll be paying $30 in fees.
You may transfer any amount, but the total amount of your balance transfers and balance transfer fees must be less than your available credit limit.
If you miss a payment, you'll have a Grace Period of 23 days after your bill is assessed before possibly being charged interest on your balance.
Additional benefits include:
- Free Monthly FICO Score: Updated based on data from Experian
- Citi Price Rewind: searches for a lower price on the registered items you pay for with your Citi card at hundreds of online merchants. If the same item is found at a lower price within 60 days of your initial purchase date, you may receive the difference between the price you paid and the lower price found by Citi Price Rewind.
- Citi® Identity Theft Solutions
- Auto Rental Insurance: coverage for damage due to collision or theft
- Worldwide Travel Assistance
- Extended Warranty on purchases made with the card
- Choose your Payment Due Date: choose to pay your bill on any available due date in the beginning, middle or end of the month
- Integration with Apple Pay®
- 24/7 Customer Support: just call and say "representative"
|Intro Purchase APR||0% introductory APR for 21 months from date of account opening|
|Foreign Transaction Fee||3%|
|Rewards Rate||None - not recommended for optimizing rewards and points but great for balance transfers|
|Credit Needed||Good, Excellent|
Thoughts from Actual Users
"I have no love of credit cards and their high interest rates. Credit card companies would like nothing better than for you to be in debt for a long time and pay a lot of finance charges. This card actually gives you 21 months to pay off your balance at 0% interest. Transfer your balance, divide by 21--that is your monthly payment. Stick to it religiously and you will be out of debt. I'm almost there and you can be too. Fight the power! Good Luck." - Steven B. of Tampa, FL
"Simply keep and use when you need it. No late fee! It's the card you can be computable with." Adria N. of Bridgeport, CT
"I have been happy with this card. It did not take long to receive the card once I applied for it and I was able to get one for my husband and I. Recently, we received a notice that our balance limit has been increased. Overall, I am happy with this card that is just used for emergencies." - Charissa F. of Spokane, WA
"5 Stars. Since transferred $4,500 from another card that was charging me over 25% interest at the time, so this was saving me a lot of money each month." Sandooch B. of New York, NY