- 3 Complimentary Nights when you spend $5,000 in first 3 months
- $300 Annual Travel Credit
- 5X Points on Ritz, Marriott & Partner Hotel stays
- 2X Points on Airlines, Restaurants & Car Rentals
- Complimentary VIP airport lounge Priority Pass™ Select membership
- Reimbursement for $100 Global Entry or TSA Pre-Check
- View Terms
Why We Like It
The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® Credit Card from Chase is a premium rewards card with incredible benefits. It's best suited for those who spend a lot on travel or dining, especially if you're a Ritz-Carlton or Marriott property enthusiast (they are the same rewards program).
Earn 5X Ritz-Carlton Points per dollar on purchases at participating hotels including Ritz-Carlton®, Marriott Hotels & Resorts®, JW Marriott®, EDITION®, Autograph Collection® Hotels, and Renaissance® Hotels.
Earn 2X Ritz-Carlton Points per dollar on airline tickets purchased directly with airlines and at restaurants and car rental agencies, 1X Point per dollar on everything else.
You'll also receive a 10% point bonus annually on all points earned!
Limited-Time Bonus: earn 3 complimentary nights at a participating Tier 1-4 Ritz-Carlton Hotel when you sign up now and spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months of account opening. Three free nights at a Tier 4 property could easily be worth over $1,500 in value!
Also earn 10,000 Bonus Miles when you add an authorized user ($0 fee) and they make a purchase in the first 3 months. Based on our valuation, Ritz points are valued at 1 cent per point, so the authorized user bonus could be worth up to $100.
Earn 3 complimentary nights at any participating Tier 1-4 Ritz-Carlton hotel (est. $1500 value) when you spend $5,000 on purchases within first 3 months of account opening
Earn 10,000 points (up to $100 value) when you add an authorized user and they make a purchase within first 3 months of account opening
We recommend you have Excellent (750 or higher) credit before applying for this card.
The $300 Annual Travel Reimbursement can used for seat upgrades, baggage fees, inflight entertainment/meals, and airline lounges.
Though it has a $450 Annual fee, if you take advantage of the enormous free nights signup bonus ($1,500 value) and $300 Travel Reimbursement (every year), it easily outweighs the high annual fee.
Promotional bonuses are valid for first-time cardholders and those who haven't received a new bonus for this card in the past 24 months.
Additional benefits include:
- Ritz-Carlton: more than 90 luxury properties in over 30 countries
- Marriott Hotels: more than 5700 properties in over 110 countries
- Premium heavy metal card
- Complimentary Priority Pass™ Select airport lounge membership (900+ lounges worldwide) for you and authorized users
- Upgrades to The Ritz-Carlton Club® level 3X per year on paid stays of up to 7 nights. Club lounge usually offers complimentary high-end food and drinks throughout the day
- $100 hotel credit on paid Ritz stays of 2 nights or longer, used for dining, spa, or recreational activities
- Reimbursement for Global Entry ($100) or TSA Pre Check ($85) application
- Get $100 off per booking when you book for 2+ passengers on same itinerary for domestic travel (unlimited use)
- Automatic Gold Elite status for the first year of account opening (and each subsequent year when you spend $10,000+ per year): guaranteed late checkout, 25% added bonus points on stays at Ritz/Marriott properties, complimentary room upgrades when available, free wifi, plus opportunity to earn Platinum Status
As a Visa Infinite card, you'll also get:
- Special car rental privileges from National Car Rental, Avis and Silvercar when you book with your card
- Price Protection: if you make a purchase and find a lower price advertised within 90 days, be reimbursed the difference
- Purchase Protection: cover purchases for 120 days against damage or theft
- Return Protection: reimbursed for your purchase if store won't take it back within 90 days
- Extended Warranty on purchases made with the card
- Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance
- Auto Rental Insurance: coverage for damage due to collision or theft
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Assistance
- Visa Infinite Concierge: get help with requests like dinner reservations, or Broadway, music and sporting event tickets
- Lost Luggage Reimbursement
- Trip/Baggage Delay Reimbursement
|Purchase Intro APR||N/A|
|Purchase APR||16.24%–23.24%* variable APR based on your creditworthiness|
|Rewards Rate||Up to 5X Points per dollar|
|Rewards Rate Details||Points can be redeemed for free nights, room upgrades, travel packages, and even gift cards; you'll maximize redemption value by booking free nights|
|Foreign Transaction Fee||$0|
Thoughts from Actual Users
"Awesome travel card. Instant approved for 31K CL. This is an awesome all metal card, with benefits that overpower those offered by Amex Plat. Combined with CIti Prestige, who needs amex these days... Also, JPM concierge service is spot on. Best concierge ever. Definitely better than Citi's and Amex's. Citi Prestige's own concierge is not bad either but JPM certainly knows how to handle first class business." Neal D. of San Antonio, TX
"Model credit card. From application to packaging detail and card design, chase did a beautiful job. No detail was left out. I will not be getting rid of my Amex platinum but this card will definitely be in my wallet for daily use. Well done Chase!" Anna E. of Philadelphia, PA
"I have had great luck with the club level certificates in year 1 and 2 of having this card. In year 1 I used them for 4 nights in New Orleans at a value of $600. This year I used them for 2 rooms (2 nights each) in Atlanta Buckhead. Over 2 nights in Atlanta, the value of the upgrade was $250 per room per night for a total value of $1,000. The $100 credit is stackable with the club level upgrades. I have received the $100 every time I have used the upgrades. Frankly, I think the card is a no-brainer after year 1 for Gold level status if you stay at Marriott hotels, or if you stay one time for more than 1 night at a Ritz. One other perk is primary rental car insurance. I have used the CSP for this benefit (now the CSR), but if you don't have one those cards (or Ink for business rental) the Ritz card is a nice alternative. I have been very pleased with the card and its benefits. Over 2 years I have received $1800 in upgrades and Ritz credits and many breakfasts and snacks for me and my family in Marriott lounges." Fred W. of Chapel Hill, NC