TD Aeroplan™ Visa Signature®
- 25,000 Bonus Miles (valued up to $1,500) when you spend $1,000 in first 3 months
- 2X Points on Air Canada purchases
- 1X Points on everything else
- $0 Annual fee first year, then $95
- View Terms
Why We Like It
The TD Aeroplan™ Visa Signature® Credit Card is a solid no annual fee card for those who fly Air Canada often and seek to redeem miles for free flights on Air Canada or other Star Alliance airlines. It's the only Air Canada card for US residents.
Earn 2X Aeroplan miles on all Air Canada purchases, and 1X mile on everything else.
Air Canada is the largest airline of Canada with main hubs in Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, and Calgary. Popular destinations include New York's JFK, Boston, Houston, Los Angeles's LAX, Las Vegas, Chicago, San Francisco, Tokyo, Beijing, Sydney, Paris's Charles de Gaulle, Mexico City, Cancun, London, Frankfurt, Montego Bay, Punta Cana, and multiple other Caribbean destinations. Recently added routes include direct service to India and Australia.
Limited-Time Bonus: you'll earn 25,000 Bonus Miles when you sign up now and spend $1,000 on purchases in the first 3 months of account opening. Based on our valuation, each mile could be worth up to 6 cents, so the 25K sign-up bonus could be worth up to $1,500 in free air travel (depending on destination, day of week, and seasonality).
Redeem miles for award tickets for Canada/US routes starting at just 7,500 miles one-way. Mexico & Caribbean award tickets start at just 20,000 miles in economy and 30,000 miles in business one-way, while Europe award tickets start at just 30,000 miles in economy and 55,000 miles in business one-way.
Earn 25,000 miles (up to $1,500 value) when you spend $1,000 on purchases within first 3 months of account opening
We recommend you have Good to Excellent (690 - 850) credit before applying for this card.
On Air Canada's website you can easily view how many points you need for award flights in a simple table. No need to search by route.
Unlike other airline, Air Canada's Aeroplan program only charges fuel surcharges on some partner award tickets, which would normally be $400 and upwards on international flights.
Air Canada also allows cancellations up to two hours before departure for only a ~$72 change fee. Most airlines charge $150 or higher. Transfer Aeroplan miles to a family member or friend for 2 cents per mile.
This is the only non-American Express card you could earn Aeroplan miles with.
Additional benefits include:
- Star Alliance™: redeem miles for flights on partners like United, Singapore Airlines, Lufthansa, Swiss, TAP Portugal, Thai Airways, Turkish Airlines, Air China, ANA, Brussels Airlines, Eva Air, Croatia Airlines, Air India, Air New Zealand, Egyptair, Scandinavian Airlines, South African Airways; more than 1,300 destinations in over 190 countries
- Transfer additional miles to Aeroplan from your SPG Starpoints or Amex Membership Rewards accounts
- $0 Fraud Liability
- Extended Warranty on purchases made with the card
- Auto Rental Insurance: coverage for damage due to collision or theft
- Worldwide Travel Assistance
- Roadside Assistance
- Visa Signature Concierge: get help with requests like dinner reservations, or Broadway, music and sporting event tickets
- Lost Luggage Reimbursement
- Travel Accident Insurance
|Purchase Intro APR||N/A|
|Purchase APR||14.24% - 23.24%* variable APR based on on creditworthiness|
|Annual Fee||$95 - Waived first year|
|Rewards Rate||Up to 2X Miles per dollar|
|Rewards Rate Details||Miles can be redeemed for free flights, merchandise, hotels, car rentals, gift cards, and even cruises; you'll maximize redemption value by booking free flights|
|Foreign Transaction Fee||3%|
|Credit Needed||Good, Excellent|
Thoughts from Actual Users
"Good card. I got this card because of the Aeroplan points I could gain. It's been a good card and has allowed me to go to Europe (2x)." Sol S. of New York, NY
"I love the card as I can collect Aeroplan points. When making purchases I can receive bonus points on purchases on Air Canada, which makes collecting for rewards add up even faster. Air Canada has a lot of good short haul flights and Staralliance options." Rose L. of Fairfax, CA