- 40,000 Bonus Miles (valued at $400) when you spend $3,000 within the first 3 months
- 2x miles on every purchase, every day
- Earn unlimited rewards that never expire
- $0 Annual fee first year, then $59
- Credit Needed: Good, Excellent
- View Terms
Why We Like It
The Capital One® Venture® Rewards Card is a top-rated rewards card noted for its high rewards rate and ease of redeeming rewards.
Limited Time Bonus: you'll earn 40,000 bonus miles when you sign up now and spend $3,000 in the first 3 months of account opening.
40,000 miles is equal to $400 in travel and can be applied to travel-related purchases made with your Venture® Rewards Card.
We love that these rewards are so easy to redeem and offer an incredible amount of flexibility to the cardholder. You'll be able to redeem your travel rewards in two ways:
- Purchase Eraser®: book your airfare, hotels, Airbnb, car rentals, cruises, etc. anyway you wish with your Card and use the Purchase Eraser® feature in your online Capital One account to redeem your miles and receive an account credit for the cost of your travel purchase.
- Book travel through Capital One's Rewards Center: If you'd rather redeem your miles by booking travel directly through Capital One, you can do so online in your Capital One account.
Plus, earn 2x miles per dollar on every purchase you make, every day – no caps or limits!
Bonus Offer40,000 miles ($400 value) after making $3,000 in purchases in the first 3 months of account opening
We recommend you have Good to Excellent (690 - 850) credit before applying for this card.
The $59 annual fee is waived for the first year. If you take advantage of the generous 40k miles sign-up promotion ($400 value), it easily outweighs the annual fee.
40k Bonus for new cardholders only. Existing or previous Accountholders may not be eligible for this one-time bonus.
Additional benefits include:
Venture® Rewards comes with both Capital One® benefits and Visa Signature® benefits including:
- Choose your own monthly due date
- Free credit monitoring with CreditWise®
- Complimentary travel upgrades and savings at hotels, resorts, and spas
- Special dining & wine experiences including discounts at over 60 Sonoma County wineries.
- 24/7 concierge services while traveling
- Travel Assistance Services: if your credit card is lost or stolen, get an emergency replacement card and a cash advance
- Purchase Security: replaces, repairs, or reimburses up to $500 for eligible items claimed within 90 days of purchase date
- Auto Rental Insurance: coverage for damage due to collision or theft
- Extended Warranty on purchases made with this card
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Fraud Coverage
- 24/7 Customer Service
- Integration with Apple Pay®
|Foreign Transaction Fee||0|
|Annual Fee||$59 - Waived first year|
|Rewards Rate||2x miles per dollar|
|Rewards Rate Details||Miles never expire as long as account remains active|
|Credit Needed||Good, Excellent|
Thoughts from Actual Users
"Getting this credit card has been a change in my life, its not every day that a credit card gives you 2X miles-”that's 2 miles for every dollar you spend on purchases, One-time bonus of 40,000 miles-”equal to $400 in travel-”once you spend $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months, its pretty low 13.9% APR and balance transfer fee of NOTHING really helps in this time of uncertainty and when everything seems to need a credit card and when you go to the store and see a wall full of prepaid credit cards with no offers or benefits not to mention they are based mainly out of country and who wants to not know where their money is? I really was sick of throwing my money away on monthly maintenance fees and fees just to keep my card active, at around $10 a month on just being privileged enough to let your hard earned money go through them. I work to hard for that and with this Capital One Venture card I really cant say enough good things. To start out they give you a very nice but not overwhelming $5,000 credit minimum limit to get started with depending on credit it could be more but the minimum you will start with is the $5,000. I have been able to rent cars and get double the miles back on everything I spend a dollar on and when you travel it really pays off for anything or any emergency. I really couldn't tell you enough to get this credit card. I'm a momma and would never leave home without it because you just never know." -Kristan H. of Fresno, CA
"They make it so that I don't have to do any sort of calculations or remember what quarter it is so I can use a different card for different savings. They simply give me one card to use that gives me 2 miles for $1 spent which works out to 2% reward, plain and simple. I recently booked a trip to Disneyland and they made it incredibly simple to redeem my points. I simply logged in, clicked the purchase, hit redeem and done! Free trip to Disney." - Arin L. of Dayton, OH
"I have enjoyed my Capital One Venture card. I have never had a problem using it online or in store. I missed a payment within a few months of having the card, and was aloud to make that up without any penalties or fees. The customer service rep I spoke with was very kind, patient, and understanding to my situation. Another time, I knew ahead of time, that I would be unable to make my payment on time. I spoke to a customer service representative, and they scheduled a date for me to make my payment without penalty. I would highly recommend this card to anyone. The customer service alone, has made it very much worth while." - Sharon W. of Philadelphia, PA
"Awesome rewards (2%), Great customer service, no tricks, easy redemption, and they gave me a very high spending limit. I don't know what else you could ask for in a credit card. As long as you pay your card off every month, this is a truly excellent card- the rewards stack up quickly, we have already earned $700 this year for travel! That definitely makes the $59 yearly fee worthwhile. I have compared a lot of cards, and none have the level of rewards and simplicity as this one. Highly recommended." - Alli G. of Nevada City, CA