Chase Ink Business Preferred℠
- Earn 80,000 Bonus Points (valued at $1000 toward travel) when you spend $5,000 in first 3 months of account opening
- 3X Points in multiple travel, advertising, and telephone categories
- 1X Point on everything else
- $95 annual fee
- Credit Needed: Good, Excellent
- View Terms
Why We Like It
The Chase Ink Business Preferred℠ is one of our top-rated rewards cards for its rewards earning power in many versatile categories.
Earn 3X Points per dollar on the first $150,000 spent in combined purchases in the following categories per year: travel, including airfare, hotels, rental cars, train tickets, and taxis, shipping purchases, Internet, cable and phone services, advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines.
Earn 1X Points per dollar on everything else.
Limited Time Bonus: you'll earn 80,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards® Bonus Points when you sign up now and spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months of account opening. This is one of the highest sign-up bonus amounts available on the market right now.
80,000 Points are worth $1000 toward travel when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through your account on Chase Ultimate Rewards® portal!
Plus with the Preferred℠ you'll get a special redemption value of 1.25 cents per 1 point redeemed for travel. That's 25% more value than the standard! Or if you have the Chase Sapphire Reserve℠, transfer points to that account to earn 1.5 cents per 1 point.
80,000 points ($1000 value) after making $5,000 in purchases within first 3 months of account opening
What many people don't realize: The self-employed and sole proprietors are able to apply without having to provide a federal tax ID (EIN), license or revenue stream. This could be a great rewards card if you're a freelancer, Etsy or eBay seller, or even if you're just getting started consulting or writing.
Simply use your personal Social Security Number, and credit lines will be extended based on your established personal credit history. We recommend you have Good to Excellent (690 - 850) credit before applying for this card.
You may achieve a higher line of credit if you're able to show a revenue stream or additional business documentation, but you could still qualify for the card as well as the sign up bonus even if you don't have this.
Hotel stays must be purchased directly with the hotel to earn 2X points per $1 spent.
Add employee cards for no additional fee. You manage their spending, and you earn Chase points for every dollar they spend so you can earn rewards faster. Say goodbye to inefficient employee reimbursements!
Additional benefits include:
- Chase Ultimate Rewards® Program with 1:1 point transfers between top travel programs such as Marriott Rewards®, Ritz Carlton Rewards®, United MileagePlus®, Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards®, Hyatt Gold Passport®, British Airways Executive Club, and Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Ink Mobile App: receipt & employee spending management
- Price Protection: if you make a purchase and find a lower price advertised within 90 days, be reimbursed the difference
- Purchase Protection: cover purchases for 120 days against damage or theft
- Return Protection: get reimbursed for your purchase if store won't take it back within 90 days
- Extended Warranty on purchases made with the card
- Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Auto Rental Insurance: coverage for damage due to collision or theft
- Trip Delay Reimbursement
|Intro Purchase APR||N/A|
|Intro Balance Transfer APR||N/A|
|Foreign Transaction Fee||0|
|Rewards Rate||Up to 3X Points per dollar|
|Rewards Rate Details||Chase Ultimate Rewards® can be redeemed for 1.25 cents each if you book travel through their portal; 1 cent if you redeem for cash|
|Credit Needed||Good, Excellent|
Thoughts from Actual Users
"I love all Chase cards but this one is perfect for my small business. Facebook ads, shipping product, paying for internet gets 3 points for every dollar spent. Signup bonus is also AMAZING!" Steffie B. of New York, NY
"I was approved for the Ink Preferred and love it. I use it everyday and rack up 3x rewards in categories that my CSR won't give me. They're my two go-tos and then I redeem in Chase UR portal for extra points per dollar. Already have made 3 free trips." Dan M. of Fremont, CA