Chase Sapphire Reserve℠
- 50,000 Bonus Points (valued at $750 toward travel) when you spend $4,000 in the first 3 months of account opening
- $300 Annual Credit for travel expenses
- 3X Points on dining & travel
- 1X Point on everything else
- Reimbursement for $100 Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®
- Complimentary Priority Pass™ Select airport lounge membership
- Credit Needed: Excellent
- View Terms
Why We Like It
The Chase Sapphire Reserve℠ is worth the hype. If you have Excellent Credit and want to earn free travel, this is your luxury rewards card.
Limited Time Bonus: you'll earn 50,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards® Bonus Points when you sign up now and spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months of account opening.
And with the Reserve℠, you get 50% more value compared to other Chase cardholders when you redeem your points for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®! That means 50,000 Points from the Reserve℠ sign-up bonus is worth $750 toward travel!
Earn 3X Points per dollar on travel and dining, plus 1X Point per dollar on everything else.
50,000 points ($750 value) after making $4,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening
We recommend you have Excellent (750 or higher) credit before applying for this card.
The $300 Annual Travel Reimbursement can used for hotels, airlines, tolls and highways, buses, taxis, trains, baggage fees, seat upgrades and more.
Though it has a $450 annual fee, if you take advantage of the generous 50K point sign-up promotion ($750 value) and $300 Travel Reimbursement (every year), it easily outweighs the high annual fee.
You can also transfer points from other Chase cards to your Reserve℠ point account for the highest redemption level. If you actually use your points for travel, this could be an insanely valuable card.
Additional benefits include:
- Premium heavy metal card
- Complimentary Priority Pass™ Select airport lounge membership (900+ lounges worldwide)
- Reimbursement for Global Entry ($100) or TSA Pre✓® ($85) application
- Chase Ultimate Rewards® Program with 1:1 point transfers between top travel programs such as Marriott Rewards®, Ritz-Carlton Rewards®, United MileagePlus®, Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards®, Hyatt Gold Passport®, British Airways Executive Club, and Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Special car rental privileges from National Car Rental, Avis and Silvercar when you book with your card
- Price Protection: if you make a purchase and find a lower price advertised within 90 days, be reimbursed the difference up to $500 per item, $2,500 per year
- Purchase Protection: covers purchases for 120 days against damage or theft up to $10,000 per claim and $50,000 per year
- Return Protection: be reimbursed for your purchase if store won't take it back within 90 days; up to $500 per item, $1,000 per year
- Extended Warranty on purchases made with the card
- Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance
- Auto Rental Insurance: coverage for damage due to collision or theft
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Assistance
- Visa Infinite Concierge: get help with requests like dinner reservations, or Broadway, music and sporting event tickets
- Lost Luggage Reimbursement
- Trip/Baggage Delay Reimbursement
|Foreign Transaction Fee||0%|
|Annual Fee||$450 - Add an authorized user for $75 per year|
|Rewards Rate||Up to 3X Points per dollar|
|Rewards Rate Details||Chase Ultimate Rewards® can be redeemed for 1.5 cents each if you book travel through their portal; 1 cent if you redeem for cash|
Thoughts from Actual Users
“Love the metal Reserve card. Everyone comments on it. Of course benefits are way better than the metal but who doesn’t love a heavy card lol. Chase 100k bonus is one of the highest ever. This is definitely now my go-to card, forget any other rewards card. I love you Chase <3” Joey A. of Santa Barbara, CA
“Super pumped. 3 points for every dollar on dining and travel is amazing for me. That’s where most of my spending is. I like traveling in first class and this card is perfect for getting the most out of all my Chase UR Points.” Tim V. of Tampa, FL
“I was ecstatic when I heard about this card. I thought the 100K bonus was a rumor but when I actually saw it I couldn’t believe it. I love Chase Rewards and the fact you get spend just 3k in the period and get $1,500 of travel value is insane. Worth the $450 fee.” Elaine T. of Brooklyn, NY